These are the main components of our addictions service:
- Comprehensive assessment and diagnosis (based on 5th Edition of ASI) and treatment plan. Treatment planning is central to our method of working and will be an important aspect of a client’s experience with me.
- Individual counselling sessions with a trained and experienced therapist who is accredited to work as both an addictions and a generic counsellor.
- Interpersonal Group Psychotherapy to help clients understand, experience and then process destructive patterns from the past and allow them to function more effectively in the here-and-now. The emphasis on interpersonal process rather than content. We have 1000s of hour’s practice in groupwork
- Structured Day Programme. This is a 12 week programme running from Monday to Friday, 10 to 4pm and is tightly integrated into existing programmes and the local 12 Step fellowships.
- Pre-treatment Group. This is for individuals to receive support and advice in a safe place while they prepare to become abstinent.
- Intensive Outpatient Programme (IOP). This is our flagship programme. It is a modular programme based on extensive research from USA. Relapse Prevention and learning new social skills is central to this programme. It lasts for up to 1 year and can be done at a time appropriate to the client’s needs. We offer groups during the morning, afternoon, evenings or weekends.
- Relapse Prevention Groups based on research from Hazelden, Gorski, Matrix and TCU Institute for Behavioural Research.
- Mood Management Course. These are CBT therapeutic groups for clients who need extra help in certain areas such as social anxiety, depression, panic attacks, anger management, low self-esteem, etc.
- Dual Diagnosis clients: We also can offer specialised individual CBT sessions or groups for clients with a dual diagnosis where the mental health disorder is not primary. We need a referral from a psychiatrist or community psychiatric team.
- Psychoeducational groups are available to enhance existing recovery. These include communicational skills, assertiveness training, HIV/AIDS Education, parenting skills etc
- Workshops are usually group sessions devoted to a single topic. We have a repertoire of over 250 topics. Examples include intimacy, grandiosity, Johari Window, Cycle of Change etc.
- Substance-specific groups are available for marijuana, alcohol, stimulant or cocaine dependence. These consist of between 8 and 15 CBT groups. They are suitable for clients in early recovery or with a recent history of relapse.
- Disordered Eating Programme, We have a 17 session CBT course to provides some strategies and techniques to change the thinking patterns associated with disordered eating
- 12 Steps, We offer Step 1, 2 and 3 groups and workshops and lectures on various aspects of the 12 Steps.
- Clinical Supervision, both group and individual
- Staff Training, Comprehensive assessment (ASI) & treatment planning, boundaries, stress etc
If you think that we can help you, please contact us to arrange a free screening. Then we can advise you what is the best course of action for you.
If you are a treatment or service provider, we will come to your facility and discuss how we can improve your service and your outcomes.